Pilates is a kind of exercise which emphasizes on improving the posture, balance, and general fitness of the body. This form of exercise was introduced by Joseph Pilates, in 1920 in Germany, who was a carpenter cum gymnast. This exercise develops a connection between mind and body. Basically, it was invented for injured soldiers and dancers. It is suitable for the persons who exercise regularly and the beginners. Pilates targets your spinal and abdominal area and is very beneficial for those who have back pain. There are many health units offering services but Incline Health, Pilates Leichhardt is the best health center that focuses on your overall fitness. Pilates strengthens your legs and upper thighs, people suffering from arthritis believe that this is the best way to keep your joints moving and flexible.
It is good for sports professionals and athletes, who need a speedy recovery after any injury. It can be used as a physical therapy to cure injuries like hip or knee replacement, chronic pain in neck/ back, scoliosis and sclerosis. You only need a qualified and trained instructor to have a good impact.
Benefits of Pilates, Leichhardt: Pilates has many health benefits as it focuses on your overall health, flexibility and posture
- Posture: These exercises help you gain a good posture and maintain your body alignment. It reduces your lower back pain.
- Tone your muscles: These exercises include use of muscles that remain unused in our daily routine. This helps in toning up your muscles and is very good for old aged people, those who have muscle tone due to inactivity and age.
- Flat Stomach: Pilates helps in reducing your abdominal muscles resulting into flat stomach as their aim is to strengthen your core.
- Restore Flexibility: The flexibility of the muscles is lost due to age; it cannot be the same as it was, when we were young. These exercises help you gain the flexibility of muscles very gently. After regular exercises, you will feel that your body has become more flexible. It is very helpful in avoiding fall injuries.
- Improves Physical Balance: Pilates focus on mind and body connection and makes your body move and perform better. Through correct posture Pilates improve your physical balance with a restoration of mind and body balance.
- Relieves Stress: While exercising, you are lost in it and forget about the things that trouble you in your daily life. This is an intelligent way to reduce stress because you are focused on your body moves and breathing.
- Makes you feel fit: These exercises focus on balancing your body and mind; it develops a feeling of well being and keeps you fit.
- Helps in Reducing Weight: These exercises help you reduce your stomach, legs and buttocks areas because it works on strengthening your muscles. It is not an aerobic exercise, therefore to lose weight effectively combine a healthy diet with exercises like walking, swimming or cycling for better results.
Conclusion: These exercises need only a mat if you have just started, and after your expertise as a basic beginner then you can look for a gym or any wellness center which offers Pilates classes and are equipped with Barrels / Chairs, Reforms and Cadillac. Before going in for Pilates, it is suggested to ask your doctor in case of old age, pregnancy and any other health problems.