How do I fix explorer exe error?
Quick Navigation :
- Fix 1. Restart File Explorer.
- Fix 2. Change the Size of Virtual Memory.
- Fix 3. Disable Fast Startup.
- Fix 4. Run SFC/DISM.
- Fix 5. Run ChkDsk.
- Fix 6. Update Microsoft . NET Framework.
- Fix 7. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Fix 8. Scan PC for Malware.
How do I fix Runtime Explorer unexpected error?
A quick fix to explorer.exe error is to use a professional tool that can repair your system….5. Run the SFC scan
- Go to Search, type cmd, and open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Paste the following command and press Enter: sfc/scannow.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Restart your computer.
How do I fix File Explorer not opening?
Top 8 Ways to Fix File Explorer Not Opening on Windows 10
- Restart File Explorer.
- End Task and Restart File Explorer.
- Manually Restart File Explorer Using Command Prompt.
- Change PC’s Display Layout.
- Clear File Explorer History.
- Update PC’s Video Driver.
- Scan PC Using Windows Security.
- Update Windows 10 OS.
How do I remove Explorer EXE from startup?
Stop Explorer.exe Through Task Manager
- Press “Ctrl-Alt-Del.”
- Click “Start Task Manager.”
- Click the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click the “explorer.exe” entry.
- Click the Windows “Start” button.
- Press and hold the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys.
- Click “Exit Explorer” to stop explorer.exe from running.
- Press the “Ctrl-Alt-Del.”
Why does Explorer EXE keep popping up?
And the reason for “File Explorer keeps popping up” is that your external drive has a loose connection. And it keeps disconnecting/connecting, which forces your system to open File Explorer constantly. Open the Control Panel and choose AutoPlay. Uncheck the option “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices”.
How do I restore Explorer EXE?
Just press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. Click the File menu and then choose “Run new task” in Windows 8 or 10 (or “Create new task” in Windows 7). Type “explorer.exe” into the run box and hit “OK” to relaunch Windows Explorer.
How do I reset Windows Explorer?
Start by firing up File Explorer and navigating to a folder that uses the template you want to reset. Switch over to the “View” tab and then click the “Options” button. In the Folder Options window that opens, switch to the “View” tab and then click the “Reset Folders” button.
What causes Windows Explorer to stop working?
You may be using an outdated or corrupted video driver. System files on your PC may be corrupt or mismatched with other files. You may have a Virus or Malware infection on your PC. Some applications or services running on your PC may be causing Windows Explorer to stop working.
What to do if folder is not opening?
Folder won’t open on Windows 10 File Explorer
- Click on Search box which is next to Start Menu.
- Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
- Then click on System and Security.
- Click on System Maintenance.
- Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
How to fix explorer.exe error at startup?
To fix the Explorer.exe error at startup, remove the reference to a non-existent file from one of the startup locations in the registry. Here is how to do so. Press WinKey + R to bring up the Run dialog. Double-click the value named Load and clear the existing value data to set it blank.
Why is explorer.exe blank at startup in Windows 10?
Some Windows 10 users are complaining about an explorer crash issue at the startup time on their system. In case if you are witnessing the same error (blank error message in Explorer.exe) it is happening due to a permission issue on your computer. To solve this problem you need to delete a particular key from Registry Editor.
Why is Windows Explorer window opening on startup?
If the Explorer Libraries folder is popping up on every boot up, then the first place you want to check is the startup folder. Go to Start, All Programs and click on Startup. If there is a shortcut to the Libraries folder, go ahead and delete it. The second way is to check the registry for a specific key and change it to a different value.
Why is explorer.exe not written in Windows 10?
Explorer.exe memory could not be written Windows 10 – This error message can also pop-up after a clan reboot and sometimes users resort to Safe Mode as a temporary solution to getting rid of it. According to some users they are getting an Explorer.exe application error while shutting down their computer.