How should you behave on public transport?
How should I behave on public transport?
- Have the money ready for your fare or show your pass when you board a bus or train.
- Be polite – don’t swear or shout.
- Do not distract the driver on a bus or train.
- Don’t eat smelly food, throw litter or drink alcohol on public transport.
What should you not do on public transport?
17 unacceptable things people do on public transport
- Picking scabs.
- Consuming body excretions that should not be consumed.
- Sneezing without covering your mouth.
- Reading a broadsheet newspaper.
- Playing music out loud.
- Talking of headphones…
- Leaning on the pole.
How can we be safe on public transportation?
Transport – Safety and Security
- Avoid waiting on your own. Try to wait for public transport near other people and in well-lit areas at night.
- Walk with other commuters.
- Be alert and confident.
- Plan your route.
- Keep your belongings secure.
- Be assertive.
- Park close to transport points.
- Take a well-used route.
What do you do when you are Travelling on public transport?
Things to Do
- Read a newspaper or magazine.
- Read a book, or else listen to an audio book.
- Learn another language.
- Memorize something useful.
- Bring a planner, and jot down goals and plans.
- If you have things you want to do later on, take the time to write a to-do list.
What are some examples of good manners on the subway?
The Crowded Subway Etiquette Guide
- One should remember that the pole is for holding only.
- One should refrain from eating anything on the subway.
- One should always give up his or her seat to the elderly, pregnant, or those with baggage.
- One should refrain from nodding off at all costs.
What can you not do on a bus?
The 9 Dangerous Things Kids Should Never Do When Taking the School Bus
- Never run to the bus stop if you’re late.
- Never wear clothing with hanging drawstrings or loose straps.
- Never stand close to the curb while waiting for the bus.
- Don’t walk too close to the front of the bus.
Is taking the train cheaper than driving?
Those who take public transportation, whether it’s a bus, train, or light rail, often see many advantages. In some locations, services like taxis, ridesharing services, and trains can still be less expensive than owning and driving a car.
What are the benefits of using public transport?
8 Benefits of Public Transportation
- Improves Community Health.
- Economic Benefits to the Community.
- Improves Fuel Efficiency.
- Public Transportation Reduces Air Pollution.
- Improves Road Congestion.
- Improves Community Mobility.
- Provides an Equitable Transportation System.
- Public Transportation Improves Commuters Productivity.
How do you stay safe on a train?
Safety Tips Stand back: Always stay behind the yellow lines at train stations. Enter or exit a station platform at designated areas. Stay off the tracks: Train tracks, bridges and yards are private property. Never walk, bike, skateboard or run on or along the tracks; it’s illegal and dangerous.
What are the advantages of private transport?
Private Vehicle Transport Cars are used for travelling different places as and when the owners want. It is more flexible than public transport since no one needs to wait for buses or trains. However, the private conveyance is an expensive affair. It provides the utmost comfort on the road.