How do I limit the number of decimal places in Excel?
Select the cells you want to limit the number of decimal places.
- Right click the selected cells, and select the Format Cells from the right-clicking menu.
- In the coming Format Cells dialog box, go to the Number tab, click to highlight the Number in the Category box, and then type a number in the Decimal Places box.
How do I make Excel only have 2 decimal places?
How to Add Decimal Points Automatically in Excel
- Open Excel and enter a new or existing workbook.
- Select the the column you’d like to add decimal points to.
- Right-click and select Format Cells.
- Under the Number tab, choose Currency.
- The number of decimal places should be set to 2.
- Click OK.
How do I limit decimal places in numbers?
To modify how many decimal places show, do one of the following:
- Display as many decimal places as you type in each cell: Tap next to Decimals until you reach the Auto setting.
- Increase or decrease the number of decimal places displayed: Tap next to Decimals.
How do I reduce to 2 decimal places in Excel?
Select the cells you want to format. On the Home tab, select Increase Decimal or Decrease Decimal to show more or fewer digits after the decimal point. Each selection or click adds or removes a decimal place. Your new decimal places setting is now in effect.
How do I round to 3 decimal places in Excel?
Round a number down by using the ROUNDDOWN function. It works just the same as ROUND, except that it always rounds a number down. For example, if you want to round down 3.14159 to three decimal places: =ROUNDDOWN(3.14159,3) which equals 3.141.
What is 1/4 as a decimal rounded to 2 decimal places?
Fraction to Decimal Conversion Tables
|fraction = decimal|
|1/2 = 0.5|
|1/3 = 0.3||2/3 = 0.6|
|1/4 = 0.25||3/4 = 0.75|
|1/5 = 0.2||2/5 = 0.4||4/5 = 0.8|