What do I put for references on a resume?
Give a brief description of your relationship.
- Ask permission to include the reference.
- State the reference’s full name and job title.
- Include the reference’s company and work address.
- List the reference’s phone number and email.
- Give a brief description of your relationship.
How do you list a friend as a reference on a resume?
Start your reference list with your name, phone number, and email address, just as it appears on your resume and cover letter. Add a simple line under your contact information to clearly separate it from the rest of the information on the page.
How do you write a professional reference for a resume?
Use a separate page for your references list. Put your name and the title “References” on the top of the page, e.g. “John Doe References.” Use consistent formatting for all your references: list their full names, professional titles, companies, and contact information. Include at least three professional references.
What do you say in a reference?
Here are five elements all personal reference letters should include:
- Start by explaining your relationship to the candidate.
- Include long you’ve known the candidate.
- Add positive personal qualities with specific examples.
- Close with a statement of recommendation.
- Offer your contact information.
How do you write a professional reference?
What to Include on a Reference List
- Your name at the top of the page.
- List your references, including their name, job title, company, and contact information, with a space in between each reference.
- Include at least three professional references who can attest to your ability to perform the job you are applying for.
What is a good reference for a resume?
Three to five is the ideal number of references for a resume. If the job description or the company have specifically requested that you include a list of references (and this should really be the only reason that you do), three to five strategically-chosen people are just right.
When to include references on resume?
The only time it is acceptable to include references with the resume in a job application is when they are requested directly in the job vacancy description. When this is the case, we recommend only including them on a separate piece of paper as a reference page.
How do you write a reference on a resume?
Begin your reference list by listing the name of the first reference in bold. In the line beneath that, write their relationship to you and the company you both worked at. Include the work address beneath that – provided that they still work at the company where you both worked together; If they do not,…
Should references be listed on resume?
Should You Include References in Your Resume. As a rule of thumb, you don’t need to include references in your resume. The truth is, every inch of your resume is valuable real estate, so you’d be better off using that space to highlight your skills or achievements.