How do you reset the motor on a GE washer?
Motor Reset Procedure:
- Unplug the washer for 1 minute from the electrical outlet.
- Plug the washer back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within a 12 second period. You have 30 seconds to start lifting and lowering the lid.
- The motor has now been reset and is ready for you to start a cycle.
How do I troubleshoot my GE washing machine?
How to Troubleshoot a GE Top Load Washer
- Check the amount of detergent you have put in the washer.
- Examine the GE top load washer’s drain hose for leaks.
- Check the water connections to your GE top load washer.
- Check whether the GE top load washer lid is closing firmly.
- Check the load in your GE top loading washer.
How do I test a GE washer motor?
To check the motor, remove the service panel at the bottom front of the washer. Next, disconnect the motor wiring harness. Once the motor plug is disconnected, test ohms on the terminals on the motor that correspond to the wire colors described below.
What would cause a GE washer to not spin?
A loss of electrical power to the washer will cause a failure to spin. To check for power at the outlet, carefully plug a small table lamp or hair dryer into the wall outlet and turn it on. If it does not work, you may have blown a fuse, tripped a circuit breaker or have a defective wall outlet.
Why does my GE washer keep pausing?
The door latch can cause a GE frontload washer to pause during a cycle. If the door physically opens, the washer will pause. However, if the door stays locked but the switch is bad then the control will think the door is open and the washer will pause. If the door will not latch then the washer will not start.
Why is my GE washer not spinning or agitating?
Inspect the drive belt to determine if it is broken or if it is loose on the pulleys. If the drive belt is broken or loose, replace it. If the lid switch assembly fails, the washer will not spin. …
Where is the motor in a GE washing machine?
The pump is located on the front right wall of the of the machine. You will notice a 2-3 inch diamete threaded cap on the right side of the front wall of the machine. This is the front of the pump and access to the filter. Place a large bucket under this cap and slowly loosen the cap.
Why is my washer not spinning all the water out of my clothes?
The most likely culprit for a washer that spins but still turns out soaked clothing is a drain hose problem. It could be clogged, kinked, or even positioned incorrectly if you had to remove the drain tube to make another repair already. If the visual inspection checks out, you will want to remove the washer drain hose.
How do you fix a washer that will not spin?
- Redistribute an off-balanced load of laundry.
- Level an off-kilter washer.
- Check the power source.
- Stop using an extension cord.
- Inspect the spin switch.
- Stick to high efficiency detergent with a front-load washer.
- Undo any kink in the hose.
- Track down a blockage in the drainage system.
What to do if you get an error code on Your Harmony washer?
The following steps will allow you to reset your control. Clear the ERROR from the screen: Press and hold the MY CYCLES and BACK buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The control will display any recorded errors. Please write down what error codes are shown on your screen in case service is needed.
Why is my Harmony washing machine not working?
The most common solution for this message is to turn the machine OFF and then ON. However, this message will sometimes cause the control to stop the machine from working. With this type of error, the control panel will need to be reset. The following steps will allow you to reset your control.
What does a 3 error code mean on a GE washing machine?
An General Electric GE Washing Machine displays a 3 error code when a Locked Rotor Error has been detected by the internal electronic diagnostics. Error Code Meaning There is no change in the motor RPM signal for 5 seconds in the spin cycle.