Why college athletes should be paid paper?
College athletes should be paid because they work so hard but receive severe injuries instead of money, they train so hard each day so they can play each game at their very best, and the N.C.A.A. makes profit off of a players work. Injuries are a common occurrence during sporting events.
Why should we not pay college athletes?
The main reason why athletes don’t deserve to be paid is because it’s simply not the colleges’ duty to do so. Colleges are primarily used to better your education, not kick start your athletic career. Besides, there are already some benefits to being a student athlete on campus.
What do college athletes have to pay for?
The policy was set to begin on Thursday. Under the NCAA rule change, college athletes get paid from their social media accounts, broker endorsement deals, autograph signings and other financial opportunities, and use an agent or representatives to do so.
Should college athletes be paid to play pros and cons?
Should College Athletes Be Paid?
- Pro: College athletes put their bodies on the line each game they play.
- Pro: Student-athletes generate serious revenue.
- Pro: Paying college athletes would help to begin creating a sense of financial awareness.
- Con: Many student-athletes already receive scholarships and other benefits.
Why should college students get paid?
A Salary Would Help Student Athletes Invest in Their Future. By having a salary, college athletes would leave school not just with a degree, but with significant savings as well, which will help them begin their adult life securely.
What is the issue with paying college athletes?
The Supreme Court ruled that the NCAA had violated antitrust rules and should pay student-athletes for education-related benefits, though it did not rule on broader compensation questions, and in the decision said legislation may be needed to address remaining issues.
What are the cons of college athletes getting paid?
- Financial irresponsibility ― Amateur players receiving compensation just seems like a complete disaster.
- Unfair compensation between players ― How will players be compensated?
- Athletes may never go to class ― Let’s face it, if they give these kids money, they’ll never have any incentive to go to class.
Why should athletes get paid so much?
But one of the reasons pro athletes make so much money is that we love to watch their games. These businesses pay the money because they know millions of fans will watch the games. TV networks then sell ads for cars, pizza and lots of other stuff that they show during the games.