Is MTN mobile money in Cameroon?
MTN’s MobileMoney service in partnership with local banks is currently available in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, South Africa and Uganda, with pilots underway in several other markets.
How does MTN mobile money work in Cameroon?
Thanks to MTN, Mobile Money users in Cameroon can pay bills directly from their phone, pay for fuel, pay for items at local stores, restaurants and hotels, purchase rail tickets on Camrail, pay for funeral insurance, pay University tuition fees and even receive their salary directly into their Mobile Money account.
How can I open MTN mobile money account?
You also have the possibility to open your MTN MoMo account yourself from your phone:
- Log on to MTN Mobile Money official website.
- Click on “Register”.
- Enter your username which is your phone number and preferred Mobile Money Pin.
- Enter the captcha displayed.
- Enter the one-time password.
How can I transfer money from Cameroon to MTN mobile money?
To send money to these countries, follow the steps below:
- Dial *126#
- Select 1 “Money transfer”
- Select “Other International Numbers”
- Enter the recipient’s number preceded by the country code (example for Congo: 242xxxxxxxx)
- Enter recipient names in the same order as its ID Card.
- Enter the transfer amount.
What’s the limit on MTN mobile money?
|Transaction Point||Services Type||Transaction Limit (GHC)|
|On Mobile||Money Transfer (P2P)||1 – 50|
|On Mobile||Money Transfer (P2P)||Above 50|
|On Mobile||Money transfer (A2C)||1- 50|
|On Mobile||Money transfer (A2C)||Above 50|
How much do I need to start a mobile money business?
How much money do you need to start an MTN MoMo business? There is a minimum capital requirement that is expected from a prospective MTN Mobile Money Ghana agent. At GH¢ 4,000 is the required minimum amount of money you are required to have to become an agent.
What is the code for MTN MoMo?
MTN MOMO Shortcodes Table
|*170#||The main MTN Mobile Money access code.|
|*511#||Generate Mobile Money ATM Token|
|*171#||Merchant main code.|
|1515||Mobile Money fraud are reported by text using this code.|
How can I activate MTN MoMo?
- Dial *5051#. (
- Select Register and send.
- Select your region in which you intend to operate and send.
- You will receive a reference number via SMS.
- Write the reference number received on the MoMo registration forms.
- MTN MoMo Agent will call and also visit your location for inspection.
How can I get MoMo pay?
This is a service that enables merchants receive payment for goods and services using MTN Mobile Money. It is accessible using *165*3# for both customers and merchants. With MoMoPay, merchants can sell airtime and earn commission, pay suppliers, pay salaries as well as transfer money to the bank.
How do I pay with MTN MoMo?
The payments are made from the customer’s MTN MoMo account. Simply dial *165*70# and select option 1 (Create MTN MoMocard). You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN. The MTN MoMocard details are sent to the customer via SMS message.
How do I convert MTN airtime to cash?
To do this, simply send a text message with the format TRANSFER, RECIPIENT’S NUMBER, AMOUNT, PIN to 777. For example, say you want to transfer airtime of 1500, you simply send a text message with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
How do I register for MoMo online?