How do I fix my SIM network problem?
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card.
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Replace the battery and turn your phone on without the SIM.
- Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.
Why mobile network is not working?
To do this, go to settings and tap on “Wireless Networks” or “Connections.” From there, switch on Airplane mode and turn off your phone. Wait for half a minute and then turn your mobile phone back on. Go to the same settings section and turn off Airplane mode. After that, check if your mobile data is working again.
How do I fix errors while searching for networks?
Solution 1. Reconnect Sim or Reactivate Sim
- Make sure your device is not in Airplane mode.
- Restart your phone.
- Turn off the phone, remove and reconnect the SIM.
- Aks for a person with the same network provider as you do, if he/ she has a signal.
How do I get my mobile network back?
How to reset network settings on an Android device
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll to and tap either “General management” or “System,” depending on what device you have.
- Tap either “Reset” or “Reset options.”
- Tap the words “Reset network settings.”
How can I solve no network?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”.
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
Why is SIM not allowed?
If the SIM card is not inserted properly, there may be chances of network-related errors. While removing the SIM card, ensure to check the SIM card slot and SIM shape properly. In case, the error message appears on the other Android phone also, then you need to replace the SIM card only.
Could not connect to network Please try again later?
Go to Settings > Applications > Google Drive. Here, tap on “Storage” and then tap on “Clear Data” to reset Google Drive data. This should fix “Network error, please try again later” error.